Next Generations Director
Method of Appointment: Recommended by the Senior Pastor, ratified by the Elders
Accountability: The Next Generations Director reports to the Senior Associate Pastor for his daily leadership and overall ministry strategy. They are ultimately accountable to the Senior Pastor (and through the Senior Pastor to the Board of Elders). The Next Generations Director will submit a yearly ministry plan prior to the fall kick-off and will be reviewed annually based on this job description and the yearly ministry plan.
Status: Permanent Full-time (40 hours per week)
Remuneration: Salary/benefits established by the Board and reviewed annually
Works closely with: Pastoral Staff, Office Staff, Board, and Congregation
Supervises: Supervises and gives direction as appropriate to lay Volunteers
Since the Next Generations Director plays a major role in influencing both the present and future generations of the local church, it is essential that they be a professional leader who has both a solid understanding of the foundations of Christian faith and doctrine, and the ability to communicate the gospel in a clear, relevant and contextualized way. Therefore, the following qualifications are desirable:
- Ability to relate well to youth while maintaining the decorum of a leader and role model.
- Models an active and growing Christian faith, character, lifestyle, and testimony.
- Firmly embraces evangelical Baptist theology. Unconditionally commits to follow and champion the Doctrines, Covenants, Mission, and Core Values of CCBC.
- Demonstrably gifted in the areas of leadership, communications, and interpersonal engagement.
- Evidences a caring heart for people, and a passion for souls. Relates well multi-culturally and multi-generationally.
- Spiritually mature; a team player; an accountable servant-leader with a teachable spirit.
- Theological Accreditation, preferably at the Bible College level.
The Next Generations Director is the leader of ministry to this important and transitional generation within the church. Working in harmony with the overall Ministry Plan, and in conjunction with CCBC Leadership Team, this individual will champion the reaching, teaching and discipleship of young people with the gospel of Christ. Balancing a strong Biblical foundation with dynamic, relational engagement, the Next Generations Director will seek to properly contextualize ministry to the Junior & Senior High, High School and College and Careers aged of our congregation and community.
- Jr. & Sr. High – 13-18 y/o (60%)
The Next Generations Director will develop, implement and evaluate a comprehensive strategy to refine and strengthen the ministry to students at City Centre. This will include:
- Identifying, adapting and teaching a curriculum suited to the objective and particular spiritual needs of our young people.
- Leading the weekly meetings of each group of youth, conducting the worship and social aspects of the ministry.
- Availability and enthusiasm for ministry in proactive, creative and contemporary ways, including the responsible use of social media as well as dedicated, in-person engagement.
- Fostering the development of small groups within the Youth Ministry and dovetailing with the overall small group strategy of the church.
- Designing and planning high-impact seasonal events for outreach and spiritual growth.
- Maintaining an active knowledge of church members and adherents with children in this age group.
- Familiarity with the life events of the youth and their families, providing biblical support and encouragement, and conducting home visitations as appropriate in coordination with the Director.
- Recruiting, screening, training and discipleing lay leaders, personally overseeing their growth, development and performance.
- College & Careers – 19-25 y/o (35%)
College & Careers group is a primarily self-administered ministry of college and career aged young adults at City Centre. The Next Generations Director will provide leadership and direction to this group, which will include:
- Actively engaging in the discipleship of the young adults with a focus on developing a Biblical worldview and the integration of faith and life.
- Working with the lay leaders of the College & Careers Group to establish vision, ministry goals, and select appropriate Biblically based curriculum for study that will challenge the thinking of the group, and facilitate grappling with theological issues on a deep and culturally relevant level.
- Attending weekly meetings of the group; guiding and directing the planning and execution of seasonal events and/or retreats.
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the ministry and providing feedback where necessary.
- Encouraging ways of connecting the College & Careers Group through service and relationship with the general congregation of City Centre and our community.
- General (5%)
Depending on gifting, the Next Generations Director will also share in other general duties as required and in consultation with the Senior Associate Pastor.
HOW TO APPLY:
To apply email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org